Saturday, April 7, 2012

Our First Day in Beijing


We were able to get a GREAT night sleep and felt very  rested when we got up this morning. It was a long day of sight seeing...we went to the Great Wall (where we had our first ever green bean popcicle..oh my was that different)! Summer Palace and where they held the Summer Olympics here in Beijing in 2008, followed by a dinner with our guide Li at a very good Sichuan restaurant. We will be checking out of the hotel first thing in the morning and off for another day of sight seeing before heading to the airport for Hefei.   We will post again as soon as possible. We will be meeting Paityn on Monday morning at 10:00 (Sunday night 10:00 USA time) and we cannot wait!!!  For now, here are some pictures from our trip so far...



Madison during our layover in Washington Dulles


She tried so hard to stay awake but just couldn't make it


She did want us to wake her up over the North Pole


Swimming at the hotel after we arrived...yes, they make you wear swim caps :)


Enterance to The Great Wall


Family Shot


Before our climb


About half way up...it got really steep


Our HUGE lunch after the Great Wall


At the Summer Palace


Hotel shaped as a dragon that was built for the Olympics 2008


The Bird's Nest Olympic Stadium 2008


Could not decide between raw squid on a stick...OR


Sea horses or live scorpion on a stick???  hmmm...NEITHER!!!






7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your post on Monday after you receive your beautiful daughter. Hoping the transition goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every minute, Heather! I hope all goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I love the updates and photos! It won't be long before your little Huainan China Doll is yours! Praying for an easy transition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for your family. I can't wait until tomorrow and Paityn is in your arms forever. I'll be praying that everything will go smoothly.
    Hugs from FL. :-)
    Debbie
    www.hopeandmaggie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, how's Madison holding out with everything? I would think Paityn would be so happy to have a sister to play with! Praying for all our Hauinan children as they adjust to their new families!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics, Heather. Praying for all of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Showed the class the pictures and some of them wrote to Madi! So glad for you all, and we really miss Madi!!! We're going to recess soon, but I'll try to write down the short notes from some of the students that I have so far...

    I hope you're enjoying China and your new sister. Miss you! Love, Anna S.

    Hey Madi, We miss u so much. Hope u are having fun. You sure do look like you are having fun. Have fun on your vacation. :-) Say "Hi" to Paityn for me. Love, Alyss.

    I hope you're having fun!!! She looks adorable. Abby

    Hi, Madison, I hope you;re having a great time in China! Me miss you! Bri

    Madison, Your sister is so cute! Was the Great Wall more amazing than you've ever imagined? Tell your sister I said, "Hi!" :-D Ashley

    I am so glad that you got your little sister! I have seen the pictures of her. She is so cute. Well have fun at China! Jenissa

    Dear Madison, This is Ana. I hopeyou are having a good time. I would like to know how do you communicate with her? I hope you will enjoy your week in China. Love, Ana V.

    I miss you and can't wait to hear all about your trip! From the pictures we saw in class it looks like you're having lots of fun! Johanna

    ...That's if for now...take care and praying for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete